Synergy and Zoom Integration
Creating a Meeting
Using Virtual Background
At this time, Zoom does NOT support virtual backgrounds for Chromebooks.
Users must be using a Windows PC or a Mac in order to configure and use a virtual background.
Windows & Mac Instructions
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Select Virtual Background.
Note: If you do not have the Virtual Background tab and you have enabled it on the web portal, sign out of the Zoom Desktop Client and sign in again.
- Check I have a green screen if you have a physical green screen set up. You can then click on your video to select the correct color for the green screen.
- Click on an image to select the desired virtual background or add your own image by clicking + and choosing if you want to upload an image or a video.
If prompted, click Download to download the package for virtual background without a green screen.
- Ensure that you are using a solid background color.
- After you select an option, that virtual background will display during your meetings.
- To disable Virtual Background, choose the option None.