Creating a Class
Creating an Assignment
The Student Experience
By clicking the “+” next to “Optional Settings” on the new assignment page, you gain access to many options to fine tune how your assignments function. These include:
- Entering instructions your students will see.
- Allowing students to submit assignments after the due date (late)
- Disabling or modifying the behavior of the “Similarity Report”, which compares the submissions of different students to each other. Examples include excluding the bibliography or quotes from the similarity report.
- You can choose to disable certain parts of the database turnitin checks papers against, for example if you want submissions compared against publications and websites but not past student submissions (from other classes)
- At the very bottom is a check box to set your choices as the default for future assignments.